Affiliate Disclaimer: We're a participate in the Amazon affiliate program. Therefore, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page, at no extra cost to you!
Best Mini Circular Saws: Buyer’s Guide and Expert Reviews
Whether you are a do-it-yourself enthusiast or run a professional workshop, you need a tool for cutting metal sheets, plywood, and framing materials into the desired shape. That is what circular saws are for. However, at some point, you get tired of the strain that heavy, full-sized circular saws put on your arms. You need a saw that is more compact and flexible to make work easier for you. That is where the mini circular saw comes in. It is a power tool that gives you ultimate control and makes it easier to move around with. The best mini circular saw will enable you to have more finesse you otherwise wouldn’t be able to attain with a full-sized circular saw.
There are so many different types of compact circular saws on the market. It is difficult to tell them apart, especially if you are a beginner. How do you tell which is the best mini circular saw among the numerous choices available? Do not worry. This article will guide you on what to look out for in a good mini circular saw and provide some insight on the 10 best mini circular saws available for purchase.
TOP 5 PICKS
Top 10 Best Mini Circular Saws Review
Getting the best mini circular saw that is able to adequately serve your needs should not be a daunting task. We are here to help you have an easy time shopping for the saw of your dreams. We have compiled a list of the 10 best mini circular saws you can find in the market. Read the reviews below to know their features, strengths, and weaknesses.
1. Rockwell RK3441K Mini Circular Saw
The Rockwell RK3441K is one of the best mini circular saws you can find in the market. It guarantees value for your money with its versatile and comfortable design. Besides being able to work for extended periods of time, you will also have ultimate control of the saw for better accuracy and results. Its safety features include a lock-off switch, a metal inner liner, and an outer guard. If you are looking for the best mini circular saw, then this saw should be on your list.
- An adjustable blade that is suitable for angled cuts, plunge cuts, and rip cuts.
- A laser guide technology that allows precision cutting.
- Lock-off switch to enhance the safety of the user.
- Ergonomic design for comfortable and complete maneuverability.
- It is difficult for left-handed users to operate the saw without engaging the switch.
- The saw is not suitable for heavy work.
2. Worx Worxsaw WX429L Mini Circular Saw
If you are looking for a mini circular saw to serve a wide range of woodworking applications, then the Worx Worxsaw WX429L is one of the best to consider. It has a comfortable grip and is even convenient for people with small hands. Furthermore, it is lightweight and therefore easy to maneuver and very portable. The design of this saw allows you to have a good view of both the material and the blade for accurate, uniform, and straight cuts.
- The depth lever is easily adjustable.
- A comfortable grip that is convenient even for people with small hands.
- It is lightweight and easily portable.
- The saw is relatively cheap and affordable even for users on a budget.
- Long cuts can make the saw to bog down.
- The saw is only suitable for small and light projects.
- It is not comfortable for left-handed people.
3. Dremel SM20-03 Mini Circular Saw
This particular saw can cut a number of materials including wood, tiles, sheet metals, drywall, laminates, and plastics. If you are looking for a versatile compact circular saw, then the Dremel SM20-03 is the best you can find. It is also quite powerful, with a 6-amp motor. The saw can easily be used one-handed. Plus, it can make straight cuts, plunge cuts, and flush cuts that go ¾ inches deep. Furthermore, the product comes with a case which you can use to keep the saw, the power cord, blades, and Allen wrenches.
- Versatile and able to cut a wide variety of materials.
- Powered by a 6-amp motor which makes it very powerful.
- Integrated lock-on button to ensure comfort during extended use.
- It is easy and quick to change the cutting wheel.
- Some applications may require you to use many abrasive blades.
- The saw heats up pretty quickly.
4. Genesis GCS545C Compact Circular-Saw
The Genesis GCS545C makes a pretty good compact circular saw for people on a budget. Besides being easy to use, it is also quite powerful. The saw has a 5.8-amp motor. Additionally, you can easily adjust the depth of the cuts. The mini circular saw has an ergonomic design that allows you to work with it for extended periods of time.
This mini circular saw is great for the beginner woodworker. It’s lightweight, practical design makes it an all-in-one package for anyone trying to get a taste of sawing wood and making simple woodworking projects at home.
- An adjustable depth gauge.
- A vacuum adapter to ensure that the cutting line is clear.
- The saw comes with bevel control.
- Ergonomic design for extended work periods.
- You might need to upgrade the blade.
- It is quite heavy and not easily portable.
- The saw is only suitable for small and light jobs.
5. Black & Decker 5.5-Inch Mini Circular Saw
The Black & Decker cordless compact circular saw is for people looking for a slightly larger saw. The blade has a diameter of 5.5 inches. It also has a high-torque motor. This allows you to easily make a variety of cuts. Furthermore, this Black & Decker saw offers you bevel adjustments and tool-free cutting depth. While the saw is relatively cheap, you will have to purchase the rechargeable batteries separately.
- The diameter of the blade allows deep cuts.
- It is cordless therefore allowing flexibility and portability.
- Easy bevel adjustment and tool-free cutting depth.
- You will have to purchase the battery and other accessories separately.
- It is a little larger and may take up more space than you want in a mini saw.
6. Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
If you are looking for a cordless and ultra-light mini circular saw, then the Makita SH02R1 Cordless is your best bet. The saw only weighs 3.5lbs, and this includes the battery. This means that you won’t have to worry about hand fatigue. The 3.4-inch blade allows you to make 1-inch cuts and bevel cuts. Furthermore, the rubber hand grip is very comfortable for one-handed use. This complete kit comes with a blade, 2 rechargeable batteries, a charger, and a carrying case.
- Lightweight and easy to use and move around with.
- It comes with bevel adjustment and functionality.
- The saw is ideal for cutting wood and other types of materials.
- Its cutting depth is limited to only an inch.
7. MasterMind 800344 - 3-inch Circular Saw
The MasterMind 800344 comes with an ergonomic three-position handle that enables you to change the position of the handle for comfort as you change your working position. The saw is also quite easy to start as it has strategically positioned trigger paddle. To reduce the chances of blade accidents, the trigger paddle is secured by a switch. You can use the saw to cut tiles and a number of building materials.
- You have the option of choosing between a laser guide and LED lights for precise cuts.
- The trigger paddle is secured to reduce accidents.
- A three-point ergonomic handle for easy and comfortable use.
- The saw is not suitable for cutting hard and thick surfaces such as metal sheets and tiles.
- The motor lacks enough power for extended use.
8. VonHaus 5.8 Amp Compact Circular Saw
The VonHaus 5.8-amp compact circular saw offers power, versatility, and a cutting depth of 1⅛ inches. It is ideal for complex jobs, and you will even find different blades in the kit that are suitable for different types of jobs. You can use the saw to cut tiles, plastics, and metals. The saw comes with a cord that you have to connect to a power socket.
This compact circular saw is more suited for those more complex tasks. If you’re looking for a flexible circular saw that can handle just about anything any other full-sized circular saw can handle, look no further!
- It has a 5.8-amp motor that is quite powerful.
- It is versatile and ideal for complex jobs.
- The saw has a good enough cutting depth.
- Its power cord is very short which makes movement quite hard.
- The saw has a bulky hand that makes it difficult for users with small hands to hold onto.
9. Porter-Cable PCE381K Compact Circular Saw
With a 5.5-amp motor and a blade that can make cuts as deep as 1 11/16 inches, the Porter-Cable compact circular saw deserves to be on the list of the best mini circular saws. It is also lightweight and easily portable. You can comfortably use the saw for extended periods of time. To reduce hand fatigue, the saw is well balanced between the motor in the handle. Furthermore, it comes with a line guide to enable consistently straight cuts.
- The balancing of the saw enables you to do overhead work.
- The line guide has an angular adjustment for a variety of cuts such as bevel cuts.
- It has a dust port equipped with a vacuum adapter to control the debris.
- It can be difficult for people with smaller hands to use the saw.
10. Rotorazer Platinum Compact Circular Saw
Another saw that can be regarded as the best mini circular saw is the Rotorazer Platinum compact circular saw. The saw is quite powerful and can handle a number of complex materials. It comes with different blades for different tasks. With 3.85-inch blades, the saw has a cutting depth of up to 1 inch. You will find the saw fitted with a parallel line guide for consistent cuts. There is also a dust extraction hose to keep the working area clear.
- The saw is lightweight and easily maneuverable.
- Versatile use.
- It has an extraction hose to keep the working space clean.
- It is difficult to operate the saw using a single hand.
- Using the saw for extended periods of time heats it up.
- It is quite pricey.
What to Look For in the Best Mini Circular Saw
Settling on the best compact circular saw that suits your needs can be quite a challenging task. Most people don’t know which features to look out for and what factors to consider. The first thing you need to be aware of is the purpose for which the compact circular saw will be used and the type of materials you intend to cut. Once you have a clear picture of your sawing needs, here are a few factors that you should consider when looking for the best mini circular saw:
You should pay attention to the size of the blade as that determines the depth of the cut. Bigger blades have more depth to their cuts. You will also notice that most mini circular blades are fitted with their carbide-tipped wood cutting circular blades. These factory blades are only ideal for small jobs and not bigger and heavier cutting tasks. If you are going to cut heavier materials such as tiles and concrete, then you might need to upgrade the blades.
Power of the Saw
You cannot ignore the power of the saw as that determines how long it will take you to complete tasks. The more power you have, the faster you will be able to make your cuts. Since mini circular saws aren’t as powerful as the full-size ones, every little bit of power counts. Mini circular saws generally have up to 5 amps of power, though there are those that have 6 amps.
When working with power tools such as a saw, your safety is of the utmost importance. People tend to think that mini circular saws aren’t as dangerous as the full-sized saws. They can’t be any more wrong. You have to consider the safety technologies incorporated in each tool before deciding the best mini circular saw. While they can’t completely protect you, manufacturers should at least make an effort to make their tools safe to use.
The Depth of Cut
Another important factor that you will want to consider is the cutting depth of the saw. This determines how many different types of jobs you will be able to handle. Ideally, a compact circular saw should be able to cut at least 1 inch deep. However, depending on the saw’s motor torque, deeper cuts may have less accuracy.
Ease of Use
The size of the compact circular saw, position and type of controls, weight, and ergonomics affect how easy it is to use the saw. Before making a purchase, try to have a feel of the mini circular saw. Does it fit perfectly in your hands and feel comfortable? You want to buy a saw that won’t result in any hand stress when you use it for long periods of time.
Some manufacturers offer extra features such as laser guides, a waterproof system for plumbing jobs, dust ports, and bevel cutting features. While you can do without them, these extra features enhance your user experience. You might also want to consider the length of the warranty that the saw comes with.
Safety Tips When Using Mini Circular Saws
While the best mini circular saw will come fitted with safety features to protect you from harm, your safety when using mini circular saws is ultimately in your hands. If you are not cautious enough, they can cause you a lot of damage. The harm can even be fatal. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using mini circular saws:
Mini Circular Saw Safety:
- Always keep the compact circular saw in a clean and dry area. You don’t want an electricity-powered tool getting into contact with liquids.
- The workspace where you will be doing your cutting should always be well-lit so that you are able to see what you’re doing.
- When operating the compact circular saw, put on safety glasses to protect your eyes.
- Wear a respirator or face mask if you are going to do a lot of cutting for a prolonged period of time.
- Never take off the hand and lower blade guards that have been fitted on the saw.
- Keep the mini circular saw away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not put your hands on the blade while it is spinning.
- Always use sharp blades only for cutting. Using dull blades can result in accidents when they break or catch.
- If you are using a corded compact circular saw, it is advisable to ensure that the cords do not get into the cutting area. Always keep them clear of the cutting area.
These are just a few basic safety tips. Each product comes with a safety manual that includes more in-depth safety tips including how to safely operate and look after the mini circular saw. It may sound like a boring task, but it is advisable to read through the instruction manual and ensure that you understand everything before you start using the saw.
These compact circular saws are quite reliable and most of them should be able to meet your needs. They are some of the best mini circular saws available in the market. However, there are a lot of other good products in the market. It is up to you to take due diligence and find the best mini circular saw that can serve your specific needs. This review is only to guide you on what to look out for.